Summer and Winter Camps
Moonstone Riding Academy does offer summer camp. Camp sessions are 4 days long, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, and include fun crafts as well as hands-on horse time.
During camp, students will learn:
- Equine safety and basic horsemanship
- Basic riding skills
- Grooming techniques
- Identification and use of equipment
- Basic anatomy
- Horse hygiene and health care
- Nutrition and basic care
- Farrier work and farrier importance
We only hold five (5) riders per camp session; please reserve your space early!
Camp fee is $450, with half ($225) up-front as a deposit to hold your space.
*Deposit of $225 is non-refundable.
For more information, or if you have questions regarding our camp sessions, please contact us at (714) 402-0478.
What to Bring
Students must come prepared with:
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Clothing appropriate for the weather
- Long pants/riding breeches and boots with a heel
Helmets are provided if riders do not have their own ATSM/SEI certified helmet.
Moonstone will provide pizza on Fridays.
First Week: July 10th - 13th
Second Week: July 24th - 27th
Third Week: August 21st - 24th